Birds In Your Garden

Notes On Birdwatching In My Garden

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Start Of A New Diary!

I've been watching birds in my garden for many years now, but I've never thought to record what I've seen.

And yet, you can sometimes see some fascinating events, quite trivial, perhaps, in our eyes, but significant in the lives of birds.

Only this morning, for example, I saw a male House Sparrow trying to defend "his" seed feeder against all comers - other House Sparrows, Greenfinches, Great Tits and others. Fortunately, he wasn't successful, so the other birds did get to feed!

It may have been a tiny event for me, but for the birds it was a serious matter.

I'll try to post to this blog as regularly as possible.

Check out my website, Birds In Your Garden for a growing list of articles on garden and backyard birdwatching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home